Whether you’re looking for new referrals or a way to thank customers for doing business with you, client events are a tried and true approach to boost business.
How to position your client event for success:
- Determine your guest list 8 weeks in advance
- Send first invitations 6 weeks in advance
- Make the event intriguing and something unique so people are compelled to attend – if you have connections with local or national celebrities, invite them to attend and advertise their presence
- Send a second invitation 2 weeks before the event
- Make phone calls and send emails confirming attendees the day before the event
At the event:
- Avoid a verbal “sales pitch”
- Showcase the listings you have on a poster board somewhere people can view as they pass by
- Bring plenty of business cards to share
- Allow guests to bring friends and family
- Have a sign-in sheet with their name, phone, email and address to capture attendee contact info
- Include a drawing for a small prize to capture attendee information
- Invite your centers of influence or referral sources to be present and advocating for you
After the event:
- Send a handwritten thank you to all attendees
- Post pictures of the event to your social media to showcase your value
- Try to do at least 2 client events each year
- Invite an interior designer to share the latest trends in design, tips & tricks for maximizing space, and other insights. Combine this with a ladies’ luncheon or tea
- Hire an appraiser of antiques, jewelry, or art and invite guests to bring a piece they’d like to have appraised. Like an “antique roadshow,” guests love sharing unique pieces and learning about the value of their items. Offer childcare while guests enjoy an adult night out
- Host your event at an art gallery where clients may find unique pieces to decorate their homes. Negotiate with the gallery owner to offer a discount since you may be helping sell items in mass during the event. Serve wine and hors-d’oeuvres while you mingle with guests
- Partner with Law Enforcement and a Security company to present on “home security” to give guests tips on keeping their home safe and secure – or hire a tech guru to present on “Smart Home” capabilities and features. Include an insurance partner to discuss proper coverage and how to avoid insurance pitfalls.
As you can see – the possibilities are limitless, and face-to-face networking and interaction are invaluable to boosting your business and adding value to your existing relationships.
Like you, Gateway Insurance Group is always looking to add value to our existing relationships. We’re ready to partner with you to ensure your clients have the best insurance experience possible.
Contact Gateway Insurance Group at 858-428-3929 or www.gatewayig.com/nexthome
Securities offered through Registered Representatives of Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a brokerdealer, member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Gateway Financial Advisors, Inc., and Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. are not affiliated. The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee and have received this email in error, please reply to the sender to inform them of this fact. We cannot accept trade orders through email. Important letters, email, or fax messages should be confirmed by calling 1-858-GATEWAY . This email service may not be monitored every day, or after normal business hours.