Staging your listing in a way that appeals to the highest number of potential buyers is important. You want to make sure you’re creating just the right amount of ambiance to give them a taste of what’s possible. Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Create a mood. The color of the year from Pantone® are the pastel Rose Quartz blended with Serenity, a cooler tranquil blue. Chosen for their ability to create a sense of warmth and a soothing sense of order and peace, this is the first year Pantone has blended two shades together as the “one” color of the year. Pick a room and make it your focal point for relaxation.
2. Express individuality. If that fresh coat of paint turns out to be traditional white, show how rooms can come alive with pops of color, retro accent pieces, exposed filament bulbs and geometric shapes and patterns. Add texture and personality with handcrafted goods – baskets, throws, furniture – that contrast with more clean, modern items.
3. Combine work and play. Show how easy it is to bring work and play together in the kitchen with charging stations and places to hold your smartphones and tablets. Call out potential dining, entertaining and workstation areas.
4. Get back to nature. “Green” is the new black when it comes to spaces that not only connect with the calming influence of nature, but also add an environmentally friendly spin. Create floral or garden-inspired scenarios in living areas, kitchen and bathrooms. Accent rooms with repurposed or recycled items. Create display pieces using wood, stone or chunks of quartz.
5. Keep things simple. Set up lighting to highlight functional zones in the home. For example — task lighting, pendant lights or illuminated areas in the kitchen, study or living room. Install pullout drawers for organization. Draw attention to how space can be maximized, while keeping everything looking minimalistic.
For more helpful tips, visit the American Home Shield® Home Matters blog.